Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Project 1 - Color Wheel & Monochromatic Painting



We had to make a Munsell twelve-step color wheel including tints and shades. We also had to create a monochromatic painting, based off of the tint and shades color we chose. I chose blue as my color because my image I took was of fruit, and there are no real blue fruits in this world. I chose blue for the irony, and because the color is my personal favorite. I had a hard time making the red violets and red orange colors.

I have found that I did not explore the colors enough, with the paint because I needed to spare it wisely. I also have a hard time getting a full range of value on such a small scale. I have a poor habit of going from dark to light, opposed to light to dark starting with the whites. During the critique I was given feedback to add the darker blue values to the bottom of my monochromatic painting, since there are few spots that display the value itself. I was satisfied with my monochromatic painting as a result, because it mastered the ideal abstract design, but you could still make out the fruit items of the peach, grapes, and strawberries. I enjoyed this project, but for future projects I will explore the paint much more to get the exact colors found on the color wheel provided by Munsell.



No comments:

Post a Comment